Who knew that eating low glycemic could be so delicious! For our main dish last night I made this amazing Raspberry chicken….Doug and I both loved it so much. In fact, since it is lunchtime, I think we will eat what we have leftover from it, and its not every day that you are excited about leftovers! 🙂
Listen to some of these yummy ingredients: Fresh Thyme, red onion, a low glycemic raspberry fruit spread, olive oil, black pepper, and Balsamic vinegar. Absolutely delicious! This recipe is a keeper!
I found and adapted this awesome recipe from: The Glycemic Gourmet
Serving Size: 4 people
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 oz raspberry fruit spread- no sugar added (I had trouble finding this, so I bought low-sugar raspberry preserves, and the glycemic index and the glycemic load turned out to be good.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Season chicken with thyme on both sides.
- Drizzle your olive oil into a skillet and saute your onions.
- Add chicken, flipping from time to time, until well cooked.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, drizzle some olive oil and heat the fruit spread, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, until everything is well combined and the fruit spread is melted.
- Pour the sauce over your chicken.
- Serve, and you are ready to eat!