Okay, I admit it…..after years of hating avocados, I am LOVING them! This was again one of those recipes I made specifically because I knew Doug would love it, but guess who ended up loving it as well? Yep, that would be me! 🙂 I definitely recommend this yummy meal!
I added some additional goodies to the original recipe I found, which I made sure to note on the recipe for you.
Note to self for next time: Stick to the amount of lime juice they tell you to put in! 🙂 Oops! 🙂
CHICKEN WITH AVOCADO SALSA
*Adapted from Low Glycemic Diet: 100 Easy Recipes iphone app
Serving Size: 2 people
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 avocado
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the chicken up into slices
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan and saute the red onions. When they are finished, take them off the burner and let them cool.
- Mix pepper and cayenne and sprinkle over the chicken and try to rub it in fairly evenly with your hands.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet on high.
- Meanwhile, mix the red onion (when cooled), tomatoes, lime juice, and avocado. Serve over the chicken.
(Note: we loved the onions and tomatoes in the salsa mixture so much that I would add even more next time. Experiment around and see what you like. And be careful with how much lime juice you put in because it is really strong. You might want to start with less and taste-test it until it is to your liking.)