There are two reasons I loved this new recipe that I tried out for snack today:
- It tasted really good! Wonderful combination of sweet & spicy by using agave and cayenne!
- Doug liked it!!! Yes, my sweet potato hating hubby, thought these were really good! I can hardly believe it, and neither can he! 🙂
BAKED SPICY SWEET POTATO SLICES
*Adapted from a recipe I found here: Low Glycemic Diet: 100 Easy Recipes iphone app
Serving Size: 2 people
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Stir together olive oil, agave, and cayenne in a bowl (I didn’t tell you how much, because I just experimented and did it to taste and changed it substantially from the original recipe.)
- Dip the slices into the mixture, making sure the fronts and backs are coated, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for 10 more minutes. (If you have extra mixture you can pour it over the sweet potatoes when you turn them over, but this is not necessary.)