Remember that chocolate cinnamon topping I put on the cinnamon dark chocolate chip muffins I made? Why not pour it over a fresh cup of fruit?! That is exactly what I did this morning for breakfast. Absolutely delicious! I chose to use strawberries, red cherries, and blueberries, but I can think of other fruit that would be wonderful with this!
This would be good for breakfast, snack, or dessert, which made it hard to choose which category to put the recipe under. For those of you who want to print it up, I finally decided on breakfast. 🙂
FRESH FRUIT WITH CHOCOLATE CINNAMON SAUCE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Ingredients for Main Part:
- Red Cherries
(Or any other yummy fruit you want to use. Use enough for 2 people, or increase if you are cooking for more.)
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and cut up your cherries, making sure the pit is out. (I just cut around the pit)
- Wash and cut your strawberries into small slices.
- Wash your blueberries.
- Combine all fruit evenly into two separate ramekins or bowls.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil. When melted, combine it with the cocoa powder, honey, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Pour the chocolate cinnamon sauce evenly over both ramekins of fruit.
- Serve immediately.