We were hungry, it was already at least an hour late for even a “late lunch,” and there wasn’t much in the house to make. That was our situation today as I scrambled around the kitchen, trying to come up with something we would enjoy. I have to admit that it is quite challenging when you don’t have much in the house to choose from….yes, I need to go grocery shopping. 🙂
So, I took a major chance and tried some ingredients I have never had together, two of which Doug doesn’t like. But, he was a trooper and up for trying my creation, and though we both were a bit hesitant about taking our first bite, we actually liked it!
APPLE AND SWEET POTATO WRAP
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 of a large sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- Dice up the onions, and slice up the sweet potatoes and apple.
- In a large skillet, melt your coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, because they will take the longest to cook. Sprinkle cinnamon over them.
- After a few minutes, add the apples and onions into the skillet. Add a bit more cinnamon.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes are soft. (Turn down the heat on the skillet if you notice the potatoes beginning to burn.)
- When it is all pretty much finished cooking, add in the 2 tbsp of cream cheese. Stir it around and let it melt and coat the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas
- Serve immediately