What better thing to go with some creamy scrambled eggs than a bowl full of fresh blackberries that are drizzled with chocolate strawberry sauce?! We loved it this morning!
BLACKBERRIES WITH HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size:2 people
- 1 1/2 containers of blackberries
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Enough fresh strawberries to make 3 tbsp of them pureed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and cut up the strawberries and puree them in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil.
- Combine the pureed strawberries, coconut oil, honey, and cocoa, mixing well.
- You might want to warm the sauce up a bit in the microwave…I liked the cold fruit mixed with the warm sauce.
Note: you will have extra sauce with this recipe…keep some in a container in your refrigerator to use with other fruits for snacks, breakfast, or dessert. If you don’t want the extra, then cut the sauce ingredients in half.