Again, another “Lori creation” from the random things we had around the house to cook. Tomorrow is hopefully my grocery shopping day. 🙂
First of all, I can’t believe that this is the third time that I have gotten my husband to eat sweet potatoes! He pretty much said the exact same thing this morning as we sat down to eat. When I asked him if he liked this dish, I think he was just as shocked as I was when he said, “Yes.” 🙂
I really had no idea what I was doing when I made this….just another fun experiment with some unusual ingredients!
EGG STUFFED SWEET POTATO
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 1 extra large, or 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese
- About 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp almond flour (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put some holes in your sweet potato, place it on a microwavable safe plate, coat with the melted coconut oil and heat until completely cooked and soft.
- When it is finished, slit the middle and move the sweet potato around a bit on the inside to leave room for the eggs.
- Take little chunks of the cream cheese and put them in the sweet potato.
- Pour in both eggs, making sure not to break the yokes.
- Add small chunks of the the rest of the cream cheese on top of the eggs.
- Pour the maple syrup over the eggs.
- Sprinkle the almond flour on top (optional)
- pour the melted butter over the almond flour. (optional)
- Cook for about 20 minutes.