A simple breakfast recipe that’s very full of taste. The cream cheese makes the eggs nice and creamy, and the basil in it is delicious! I have to admit, I was a little surprised by that, but we both thought the basil was the finishing touch on this meal!
AVOCADO BASIL SCRAMBLED EGGS
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Finely chop the basil.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out one side.
- Dice the tomato
- Slightly melt the cream cheese (I did this in the microwave.)
- Mix the eggs, cream cheese, pepper, small pieces of the avocado from the half you scooped out, and basil.
- Cook slowly over low to medium heat in a skillet.
- Serve on plates with cold tomato and avocado slices (from the other half of the avocado).