When I made the blackberry stuffed apple yesterday, I had some more ideas up my sleeve of what I could do with a delicious baked apple. I couldn’t resist trying my idea out this morning. Hubby and I both loved it…it is really rich (so was yesterday’s creation), so eating half of it was ideal for me. I really can’t decide which baked apple I liked more….they are both keepers.
This is what it looked like before it went into the oven…
Fresh out of the oven…
STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE BAKED STUFFED APPLE WITH CINNAMON HONEY DRIZZLE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 1-2 people
- 1 Apple (I used red)
- 1 extra large strawberry (you may need more depending on the size of your apple)
- Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Clean and core your apple, taking out extra so that there is room to stuff it.
- Clean and cut your strawberry into small pieces.
- Stuff some of the strawberries into the apple.
- Put a think layer of cream cheese over the strawberries.
- Melt the coconut oil (takes 20-30 seconds in microwave.)
- Combine coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Drizzle some of the cinnamon honey mixture into the apple.
- Add more strawberry slices and cream cheese until apple is full.
- Drizzle the rest of the cinnamon honey topping over the top of the apple, letting it run down the sides.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, depending on how soft you want the apple.