I really wanted to try stuffing a chicken breast, but had no idea where to start. My hubby was very helpful in explaining how I could flatten out the chicken with a meat hammer…it worked out really well.
The flavors I chose went really well together…smooth and rich! So rich, in fact, that eating half of one was just right.
I loved what it looked like when I cut into it, and you can just barely see the cream cheese…
GARLIC CREAM CHEESE BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC DIJON BUTTER SAUCE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2-4 people
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cream Cheese (I’m not specifying how much because it depends on the size of the chicken and how much you want to put in.)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Flatten out the chicken with a meat hammer
- Mince/press your garlic
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with a clove of minced/pressed garlic.
- Put a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on a portion of the chicken and then cover it with the other side of the chicken, so it is all inside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small sauce pan, then add the other clove of minced/pressed garlic. Let the garlic cook for about 5 minutes. Then, add in the Dijon mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Take the sauce off the stove and let it cool a bit, but not enough to get hard. You want to make sure everything stays mixed together and doesn’t separate.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken
- Let bake for 40 minutes