I am always looking for and thinking about new, fun things to make for breakfast. Recently I came across a delicious recipe at Kalyn’s Kitchen that I have been excited to try out. She has a lot of recipes that you should check out…many of which are gluten free and/or low-glycemic.
I made a few adjustments to it that I thought would fit us better, and we really loved it! It was so tasty! I loved the Italian flare of this breakfast!
*Adapted from Kaylyn’s Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic pressed/minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Dice your onions, cut up your oregano, and press your garlic.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat, adding the onions in and sauteing them.
- Add the garlic after the onions have been in the skillet for a few minutes. Cook for a minute or two, and then add the diced tomatoes and the oregano.
- Cook until the tomato mixture thickens. I let it cook for close to 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs into the skillet and let cook until the whites are becoming white and not opaque. (Depending on how done you want your eggs, will depend on what you do next. If you like the yokes to be runny, you will want to make sure to move onto the next step while the yoke is still a bit runny. If not, cook longer.)
- Add the Parmesan cheese…I sprinkled it all over, not just on the eggs.
- Turn your oven onto broil. Unless your pan can tolerate the high heat, leave the oven door open and your handle out as you broil the dish for 1-2 minutes.