This morning’s breakfast began because of one little mistake. Instead of putting basil into my mixing bowl, I accidentally put cilantro. Yes, it really was a “little” mistake, and yet it was also “big”, because as you know, cilantro and basil are two very different tasting herbs.
I felt up to the challenge though, recognizing that I might fail and it might taste so bad that we would either have to eat it holding our noses, or just throw it out. 🙂 Maybe it was Brene Brown’s words that I read last night from Daring Greatly that were stuck in my head: “What’s worth doing even if I fail?” To me, this was worth doing. 🙂
I figured I made some eggs the other day that had an Italian flare to it, so why not give the eggs a Mexican food flare?
In addition to the cilantro, I added lime juice, chile pepper, Monterrey Jack cheese, and avocado. And you know what? I actually loved it! It was so good! Look what hubby and I would have missed out on if I wasn’t willing to give it a try!
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 5 eggs
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp chile pepper
- 1/4 tsp lime juice (from fresh lime)
- 3 tbsp Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 of an avocado
- Chop the cilantro up or just tear the leaves into smaller pieces
- Scoop out the avocado
- Combine the cilantro, avocado, chile pepper, lime juice, cheese and eggs into a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook in skillet over medium heat.