And, as promised, here was my favorite….the sweet one! 🙂
These are some of my favorite moments lately…not using a recipe, creating something new, something that I am not sure will work, though I am always really hoping will! 🙂
TWICE BAKED MAPLE, CINNAMON, & WALNUT ACORN SQUASH
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts (Plus a few extra whole ones to put on top)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut a whole acorn squash in half, cleaning out the seeds from both sides.
- Place each half into a baking dish, or a cookie sheet. I preferred putting them in separate baking dishes (I didn’t have one large enough that they both would fit), because so much juice leaked out.
- Melt the coconut oil
- Sprinkle the coconut oil onto each half and give it a few minutes to soak in.
- Flip the squash over and cook open side down for 35 minutes, or until insides are soft enough to mash.
- When squash is ready, scoop out the insides, leaving a thick enough layer so that the skins maintain their structure.
- Place the squash in a bowl with 2 tbsp cream cheese. Mash thoroughly.
- Add in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and walnuts, mixing well.
- Divide the squash mixture evenly between the two halves.
- Cook for 10 minutes (your stove should still be heated up to 425 degrees.)
- After the 10 minutes, add some whole walnuts to the top.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, then you are ready to eat!