I had the choice last night of either bringing a side or a dessert to our small group. My question: is there really any decision that needs to be made?! Dessert any day! 🙂
Yesterday was busy, so I didn’t have a chance to run to the store. You know what that meant…raiding my fridge and pantry and making something out of what I had on hand.
Well, it certainly helped that I had some inspiration…and that inspiration came from Dimple over at Shivaay Delights. She recently made these delicious looking chocolate snowballs (which I do hope to try at some point). Her recipe inspired me to make a ball of yumminess that was low-glycemic and that I didn’t actually have to cook! 🙂 Thanks Dimple!
WALNUT DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 10-12 Balls
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole walnuts, food processed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Fresh squeezed juice from 1 whole orange
- After measuring out the walnuts, put them in a food processor until they become small pieces.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze all the juice from both sides into a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil, and add it to the juice.
- Add the honey and vanilla to the juice mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, small pieces of walnuts, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, mixing well.
- Now combine all the ingredients together in the large bowl.
- Make small balls with the dough, placing them on a non stick baking pan, or you can line another dish with wax paper and use that. Just make sure the balls are not touching one another.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.