My mom recently asked me if I’ve ever repeated the dishes I have made since I started cooking at the end of January, to which I had to admit that the answer is rarely. In fact, I have never reused a dinner recipe for us yet. It is not because I don’t absolutely love the things I am cooking and/or creating, but since I have begun dabbling with creating my own recipes, there is just something invigorating and exciting about creating something from scratch, spending time thinking about what ingredients would go well together, and creating something new. I know some of you know exactly what I mean. It puts a smile on my face. It warms my heart. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. It scratches my creative itch.
Admittedly, my hubby would love it if I would repeat some of these recipes, because he loves them so much, and tonight’s recipe would be one of those. 🙂
As you may know from an earlier post, I have really been wanting to experiment around with stuffing boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This was my second attempt and we both absolutely loved it! To be honest, it was a “lick your plate” type of meal! (I am not admitting to whether or not we actually did this or not though.) 🙂
Here are a couple pictures of the final product..
We just got finished eating it and I can still taste the richness in my mouth. The sauce (which I wasn’t so sure about ahead of time, because I was making it up as I went along), was a perfect compliment to the chicken. It has a bit of sweetness to it, which went so well with the stronger tastes of the feta and sun dried tomatoes.
Putting the filling inside the chicken..
The sauce! Let me first say that the final product was not my first try. I actually started with something else tonight, hated it, and threw it out. I had to remind myself that this reality is all part of creating….sometimes it is awesome, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is okay, and sometimes it is just plain awful. 🙂 And you know what? That’s okay! 🙂
This final sauce which we loved was a combination of cream cheese, butter, fresh lemon juice, black pepper, garlic, and honey.
MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon (for its juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the filling by washing and cutting up 2 sprigs of Rosemary. Cut up the sun-dried tomatoes in small pieces. Combine both of these things in a small bowl with the feta and olive oil. Mix around thoroughly so everything is coated in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Flatten the chicken with a meat hammer. When finished, split the filling mixture between the two chicken breasts. Fold chicken over so that all the filling is covered.
- Cook chicken for 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Prepare the sauce now by putting the cream cheese and butter into a sauce pan. Melt on medium heat. Add in the lemon juice from 1 whole lemon, add in 2 sprigs of Rosemary (cut up), the black pepper, and the honey.
- When chicken is done cooking, pour the sauce over each chicken breast. You will likely have extra sauce, depending on the size of the chicken breasts you used. My hubby decided the extra was perfect for dipping in sun dried tomatoes! 🙂 I happen to agree with him!
- Eat right away, and enjoy!