I wanted something simple for lunch. Simple, yet still good.
A few ingredients, a little chopping, lots of nutrients, no actual cooking, satisfying, and yummy. How do you like the sound of that? 🙂
BLACK BEAN, FETA, & SPINACH STUFFED TOMATO
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 2 people
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar (could be substituted with something else you may have a preference for, like balsamic.)
- 4 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Make holes in the tops of your tomatoes and cut out the middle, being careful not to break through the bottom.
- Measure, drain, and rinse the black beans.
- Wash and cut up the two sprigs of Rosemary.
- Combine feta, beans, spinach, Rosemary, pepper, and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Place the bean/feta combination inside each tomato. With any extra, line your plate with it.
- Eat! 🙂
*Note: I hardly eat any gluten in my diet, but that is a bi-product of eating low-glycemic, not because I need to be gluten free. That said, I am certainly not an expert on gluten free foods. From the research I have done, red wine vinegar is considered gluten free, though there is some debate on it, and I wanted to be sure to make you aware of that.*