Thank you so much Foodie Bitch for nominating me for this award! I wasn’t sure what this award was all about, but I found out that it is to recognize and promote blogs with less than 200 followers who are creating great content. I am honored to be nominated!
I had a blog for years and when I shut it down about a year ago I decided I would never have a blog again. Ever. Then, when I began cooking less than two months ago, two friends convinced me that I needed to create a food blog. So, here I am!
I thought this blog would just be for my family and friends, yet it has turned into so much more. This is not at all what I expected…I would never have expected to have any followers from the blog world, or people liking and creating my recipes, and I certainly wouldn’t have ever thought to get an award of any kind.
Thanks again Foodie Bitch, and thanks to all my current followers who have been a great encouragement to me as I continue to grow into a woman who loves “Creating Beauty in the Kitchen!” I have learned so much from all of you already, and you have been an inspiration!
Here are a few rules you must follow to take part in this award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers.)
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
1. What is your favorite food?
2. What has been your biggest health challenge?
I have had more than I would like to admit, but the one I will share is my jaw issues. I have temporal tendinitis. I had a headache non-stop for about 2 1/2 years due to grinding and clenching so much that I knocked my meniscus out of place on both sides. So, it has been a long process of 4 years of moving my jaw and getting braces so my teeth were in the right place for my jaw to stay put. My tendinitis still acts up and I still get headaches from time to time, but I am so grateful for the great doctors I have had and that the headaches come much less frequently!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right where I currently live in the Pacific Northwest! I have lived many different places and I am pretty sure this is the best place on earth! I love it! 🙂
4. Have you ever been to a farmers’ market?
Yes! Love them!
5. Do you like honey?
Yes, I have always loved honey and now I cook with it regularly. Since I eat low-glycemic, this is an excellent alternative to processed sugars.
6. What is your favorite movie?
This (and the book question below is really hard) because I love movies and books! Hmmm…If I have to choose, I am going to say Pride and Prejudice.
7. What is your all-time favorite book?
This question is impossible for me! Well, I will just have to pick one from the stack that have been life changing. The Praying Life by Paul Miller.
8. If you could be an animal what would you be?
A Kitty! I love cuddling and laying in a comfortable place with the sun shining on me. Yes, a kitty indeed!
9. If you could pick anyone in the world, past or present, to have dinner with, who would it be?
My best friend! She lives in another country, and it has been way too long (almost 3 years) since I have seen her face! Miss you and love you Kristin!
10. What do you think the greatest technological development in history is?
The internet! I know it is not perfect, but I love that we can now connect with people from the past, and even people we have never met before. I love that I can google something anytime I have a question. And I certainly love that I can email and Skype with friends and family!
11. How do you want to be remembered?
A woman in desperate need of grace, whom Jesus loved deeply, and who sought to follow God wholeheartedly and love others with the same love he lavished on me!
11 Random facts about me:
- I love toads (even the real ones)
- I’m super competitive at board games
- I collect fun socks: furry, shorties, knee highs, striped, polka dotted
- I could wear boots all year round…love them!
- I love doing graphic art: drawing on my graphic tablet, painting, and even animating (making eyes blink, things sparkle, animals jump, etc.)
- I’m a pastor’s wife
- I love to sing
- I want to learn to play the guitar
- I have always wanted to own a big trampoline
- My hubby is more than a foot taller than me
- I am very passionate about educating people on how to interact with others who have chronic pain and illness.
Here are my questions for those I nominated:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What inspires you?
- How would you describe yourself, using three adjectives?
- Extrovert or introvert?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- Are there any foods that you hate? If so, what?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Do you collect anything?
- What would an ideal day look like for you?
- What is your favorite type of music?
I want to nominate the following blogs, all of which I personally follow and enjoy. Please check out their sites!
- Food Gurly (I enjoy this “Gurly!” 🙂 Joanna cooks gluten free and is such a kind, sweet person!)
- Patty Nguyen (Her cooking and photography are amazing! Plus, she is fun and real!)
- Simple Pairings (Lisa is great- she has wonderful recipes, one of which I have already tried!)
- Wholehearted Living (Jackie’s blog encourages me. She is real and vulnerable and I feel like her posts challenge me.)
- LovinglyPressed (I love Emily’s blog…she is a woman who realizes she is broken and in need of grace, and she shares her heart out of that reality.)
- Miss Spicey Hat N’ Sugar Socks ( Ayesha is a young woman who loves cooking! She inspires me with her recipes at such a young age!)
- Dinner Daydreams (I just came across this blog, which I was drawn to by its fun name! She has lots of recipes, and I love her desire to continue to look for inspiration as she cooks!)
- Cloud Thyme (I just recently found Theresa’s blog…she is a fellow Pacific Northwesterner (Yay for the Pacific Northwest!) and focuses on fresh, healthy foods.)
- All’s Fare (Another foodie blog! I love her tagline: “Creating One Special Food Moment Each Day!” That inspires me!)
- Feasting with Friends ( I love the name of Nancy’s blog and her heart behind it! Check out her recipes!)
- The Seated Cook (A new food blogger I recently came across who cooks healthy, simple, vegetarian food. She has some great looking recipes!)