More quinoa anyone?! 🙂 Why not stuff a sweet potato with quinoa, spices, avocado, and feta cheese?!
I randomly came up with this idea last night, and it totally worked! And it continues to do my heart good when I cook yet another recipe involving sweet potatoes that my hubby likes!
QUINOA STUFFED SWEET POTATO WITH AVOCADO & FETA
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Measure out and rinse the quinoa.
- Put 1 cup of water into a saucepan and boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, add in the quinoa until it begins to boil again.
- Reduce to medium heat, place a lid on the saucepan, and let simmer for about 12 minutes or until it has sucked up all the water.
- When this is finished, take it off of the heat, stir it, cover again, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is sitting for 15 minutes, put holes in the tops of your sweet potatoes with a knife, place them on a microwaveable safe plate, cover them. and cook for about 12 minutes. (You could cook them in the oven too, but I was in a hurry and this worked great!)
- Chop your garlic into small pieces. In a small saucepan, saute the garlic and basil with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- When quinoa is all ready, pour the garlic and basil over it, along with the nutmeg and black pepper, mixing well.
- Your potatoes should be done now. Put each on its own plate, slice them open and stuff them with the quinoa. Split the feta cheese between the two potatoes, and then spoon out some avocado for each.