I am not sure if I could ever go back to just plain eggs again….I love combining them with all sorts of delicious, rich flavors!
I have so many favorites, but this one is near the top of that list! Absolutely loved it!
EGG, BLACK BEAN, FETA, & SUN DRIED TOMATO SKILLET
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 fresh clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Use a garlic press or chop up the garlic into tiny pieces.
- Chop the dun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Chop up the fresh oregano.
- Pour the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the beans, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and oregano. I let this cook for about 5 minutes I think…maybe a little more.
- Add in the eggs, making sure not to break the yokes.
- Cook the eggs until the whites are white and not opaque. (Depending on how done you want your eggs will effect what you do next. If you want your yoke runny, you will want to make sure to move onto the next step while the yoke is still runny. If not, cook longer.)
- Sprinkle the feta cheese throughout the skillet.
- Turn your oven onto Broil. Unless your pan can tolerate the high heat, leave the door open and your handle out as you broil the dish for about 2 minutes. Like I have mentioned before, make sure you use a skillet that is safe to do this with, and be careful that the handle doesn’t get too hot. You may need to grab it with a pot holder, even though it has been outside the oven.
- Serve on a plate & sprinkle a little extra feta on if you would like.