I love sunshine….reading a good book in it, taking a nap in it, watching my cat lay in it, seeing it stream in through my windows! And I also really, really love the idea of bringing a bit of sunshine to those around me, which is why I happily accept this award from Lauzan over at The Veggy Side of Me! Please go check out her blog, which she describes as “deliciously green!” I love that! Thank you so much Lauzan! Like I mentioned to you already, you are spreading more sunshine with your nomination! Thanks for brightening my day! 🙂
Here are my questions to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I began cooking (and enjoying it) for the first time in my life and taking lots of pictures and posting them on Facebook. Two friends of mine (you know who you are 🙂 ), both encouraged me to start a blog about my adventures. This was never in my plans, but here I am!
2. Sweet or Savoury?
This is really hard! Since I have to choose, I will say “sweet,” but boy does this girl love some “Savory” as well!
3. If you were to go on any reality TV programme, what would it be and why?
The Voice! This is my hubby and I’s most favorite show! Yes, I sing, and absolutely love it. No, I am not a good enough singer to actually be on this show. 🙂 I love the way the coaches choose based on voice alone and not on looks. I also love the way they get in the lives of their team and actually coach them and build relationships with them.
4. What was the last thing you Googled?
I was in the middle of making cauliflower soup (I had made up the recipe) and wanted to know if what I was doing made any sense at all, so I googled “Cauliflower Soup.” Not sure googling helped. 🙂
5. Night In or Night Out?
Night in! Though I love going out to eat and to movies and such, I love being home! Give me my hubby, my kitty, some warm tea, some dark chocolatey goodness, a good movie or game, some candles burning, and I am a happy camper! 🙂
6. What has been your favorite blog post to write?
Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins with Chocolate Orange Sauce! This was one of my first recipes that I experimented with and came up with myself, it contains some of my most favorite tastes, and I absolutely love these muffins!!
7. What’s the one thing you never leave home without?
I’ll admit it….my cell phone 🙂
8. Where would you most like to travel to?
I have always wanted to go to Scotland, but I think I am going to have to say the Czech Republic. My hubby visited there and almost lived there, and he has always wanted to show it to me. I’d love to make his heart happy by going there!
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Ummm…is it weird to say that I don’t want a super power?! I have a hard enough time reminding myself that I am not the “savior” when it comes to family and friends who are hurting….having a super power would just increase my need to try to rescue everyone, and the amount of times a day I said to myself, “I am not the savior, Jesus is” would probably increase drastically! 🙂
10. What can we expect to find from your blog in the future?
Lots more experimenting and coming up with my own low-glycemic (and often gluten-free) recipes, pictures of the food of course, and occasional behind the scenes stories of all the craziness that goes on in the kitchen when I cook :-).
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
I am so excited to nominate the following people (some of whom I also just nominated for the Liebster award):
- Lovingly Pressed – Please check out her site if you didn’t when I nominated her for the Liebster! (Another award for you Emily! 🙂 ) I already mentioned in the Liebster award what I love about her and her blog, but I would like to add this: Matt 5:14-16, “You are a the light of the world, A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” (These verses are why I want to nominate you Emily…you DO let your light shine before men, glorifying your Father in heaven!)
- Food Gurly – If you are gluten free and need recipes and ideas, this “gurly” is for you! (Can you handle another award my friend? The same thing I said about Emily above, holds true for you as well. Your light shines brightly in your openness about your faith, and in the way you encourage others!)
- Simple Pairings– You will love Lisa’s recipes! She is one of the first people who visited my blog and was so full of encouragement! (Lisa, you have brought much sunshine my way in such a short time…thank you!)
- Butter Basil & Breadcrumbs– I recently met this lovely blogger, and she was so full of encouragement that she quickly stood out to me. Another blogger, spreading some sunshine! Please check out her site…she has delicious looking recipes, including one she just put up the other day that makes my mouth water just looking at it! (Butter Basil & Breadcrumbs- thanks for all the sunshine in just a few days! 🙂 )
- Pocketful of Motherhood – Hannah is a woman who loves Jesus, loves being a mother, and creatively spreads sunshine on her blog as she shares recipes and ideas for your children! A wonderful site to check out! (Hannah- I am so excited to nominate you for this!)
- Officially Gluten Free – I love Lyndsay’s blog…she is gluten free and has delicious looking recipes! She brings sunshine as she shares her great recipes with others! (and Lyndsay, you have spread some of that my way as you regularly visit my blog! Always puts a smile on my face when I see your profile pic pop up on my page!)
- The Wobbly Way of Life– Jo Jo is a teenage girl whose blog is dedicated to her beautiful writing! She is engaging and real, and I love reading what she writes. Please check out her site! (Jo Jo- You spread sunshine through your creativity and realness!)
- inte fan gor det det – This Swedish woman takes amazing pictures that I am certain spreads sunshine to those around her! (I know you do to me, as I daily look forward to what you are going to show me! 🙂 ) You will really enjoy her photos!
- Tabitha’s Gluten Free Dishes– I wanted to nominate Tabitha, because I think she brings sunshine through her inspirational story of going gluten free and her great recipes! If you don’t already know about her site, you will want to check it out! (Tabitha- thanks for the inspirational sunshine you spread!)
- Fixing My Fear of Flavor – I love this blog, because I can totally relate! Similar to my story, this is a woman who is learning to cook, learning she loves it, and learning to be creative with it and enjoy rich flavors! Please go visit her site! (Fixing My Fear of Flavor- I think you bring sunshine in your realness and vulnerability, and in your fun personality that comes out in your writing! Glad to get connected with you!)
Here are the questions that you 10 need to answer if you choose to accept this award:
- Tell us something unique about yourself.
- What is your favorite part of the day, and why?
- Silly or Serious?
- If you could bring some sunshine to anyone today, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
- Who regularly brings sunshine into your life?
- The beach or the mountains?
- Has your blog turned out to be how you expected when you first started it? Why or why not?