I haven’t been feeling well at all for the last two days, so hubby was a little surprised when I went down to the kitchen and started experimenting around. The sweet man that he is, he tried to encourage me to just lay down and rest, but when my desire to cook was inextinguishable he stayed near me just in case. 🙂
What was I so excited to make? Muffins! I love muffins! Not just eating them (and I DO love eating them), but coming up with a new, creative idea for one! 🙂
These turned out great….loved them! Upset stomach and all….I ate 2! Hey, they were mini…. 😉
ALMOND CINNAMON MINI MUFFINS WITH DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS & CHOCOLATE ALMOND SAUCE
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, and almond extract.
- When both your dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, combine them together in the large bowl.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Grease 2 mini muffin tins and pour the batter into them.
- Using a spoon, generously drizzle the sauce over each muffin. (See recipe below.)
- Let cook for about 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let them cool for about 10 minutes and then they are ready to eat!
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients with the coconut oil, mixing thoroughly.