There are some meals you cook that come out so good that you just want to jump around….okay, well maybe that’s just me who wants to jump around. 🙂 But, you know what I mean! And this meal? Ah….(sighing deeply)…..we took much great pleasure in it!
It does my heart good when I randomly create a meal all my own, and my hubby enjoys it immensely! There is something so great about creating something for the enjoyment of others. This brings to mind a picture of my dad in the kitchen when I was a kid. He cooked awesome meals (I especially think of his ribs, baked beans, and shrimp), but he sometimes didn’t even eat them….he just watched all of us with a big smile on his face. I know without a doubt that he knew that feeling of bringing others delight through his cooking. I now know that feeling as well. 🙂
CREAMY CAPER & SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (just the top thick layer)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Black Pepper (I used lots)
- 7 sun dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A few long pieces of Kale
- Wash, and cut the chicken into strips.
- Put the olive oil into a skillet and cook chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, cut up the sun dried tomatoes and garlic.
- Measure out the capers, rinsing them well.
- In a small saucepan, put the coconut milk and butter on medium heat.
- Squeeze the juice from one half of a lemon into the sauce.
- Add the pepper, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, cheese, and capers to the saucepan once the butter is all melted.
- After it has been cooking for a bit, add in the red wine vinegar. Stir well.
- Wash a few pieces of Kale and arrange them on a plate.
- When chicken is thoroughly cooked, lay some of it on the kale, pouring the warm, creamy sauce over the chicken.