Yes, I have been on a ganache kick! Can you blame me? It is so rich and yummy!
When everyone enjoyed my ganache cookies the other night, someone asked, “Can you make a cupcake stuffed with this stuff?”
I thought to myself, “I don’t know, but I am sure up for the challenge!” So, I experimented and came up with this cupcake recipe, and I also got creative and made the ganache a bit different than the other night.
The cookies were great, but these … these were amazing! Honestly, my hubby and I love these so much!! These are our most favorite dessert I have made yet!
So Fiesta Friday, here I come with these super rich and delicious cupcakes! I look forward to seeing what everyone else is bringing to the party… and thanks so much Angie for all you do!
ALMOND CHOCOLATE GANACHE FILLED VANILLA CUPCAKES WITH ALMOND CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
For the Ganache (Used to fill the cupcakes and for the frosting):
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (the thick part at the top)
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp pure almond extract
For the Cupcakes:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
For the ganache:
- Put the chocolate chips and the coconut milk in a large sauce pan over low to medium heat, letting the chocolate melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the honey and almond extract.
- When everything is mixed well, take off the heat and put it in a container with a lid.
- I put mine in the freezer until I was ready to fill the cupcakes.
- After you have filled the cupcakes (see directions below), place in the refrigerator. This will give you the best consistency for when you are ready to frost.
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, honey, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
- When both your dry and wet ingredients are mixed well, combine them together in the large bowl.
- Put cupcake liners in a muffin pan and pour the batter 1/3 of the way full.
- Now put a layer of the ganache in the middle.
- Pour in the rest of your batter over the ganache, so it is entirely covered.
- Let cook for about 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let them cool before you frost them.