Jhuls from The Not So Creative Cook was so kind to think of my blog and send this my way! She writes this about herself, “I am just an ordinary person who has an extra-ordinary passion for cooking, baking, eating and now blogging!” I love that! Please go check out her blog…she just recently posted her 100th recipe…wow!
I didn’t realize you could get the Liebster Award more than once! A part of me feels really weird about accepting this twice, but on the other hand, it gives me the wonderful opportunity of letting you know about other great bloggers out there, who you may not be familiar with yet. That excites me, and that’s the part I love!
Here are the questions that Jhuls gave to me to answer:
- What is your favorite dessert and why? At this point, I would say a muffin or cupcake made with almond flour that involves chocolate and orange or chocolate and almond flavors. Those two flavor combinations are my absolute favorite!
- What is one weird fact about you? I love toads. 🙂
- What are your top three favorite books? I LOVE reading, so this will be tough to narrow. These are the three I think of off the top of my head because they have been very impactfull in my life: The Praying Life by Paul Miller, Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller, and A Grace Disguised by Gerald Sittser.
- If you had the ability to invent a new kitchen tool that would suit your needs, what would it be? Well, since I make such a mess in the kitchen all the time, it would have to be some sort of thing that could clean up after me, or help me avoid the mess in the first place. 🙂
- What is your favorite music artist and genre? I enjoy all sorts of music…I feel myself drawn to the fun beat of a lot of pop songs. My favorite though is Christian music…two artists who I have recently been introduced to have become new favorites…Dustin Kensrue, along with Keith and Kristyn Getty. Their words are rich and meaningful and I love the sound of their music.
- Why did you start your blog? To share my experiences of learning to cook, and growing to love to cook.
- What’s the last movie that made you cry? I think it was Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire
- Chocolate Chip Cookies or Brownies? This question is unfair…do I really have to choose?! 😉 Forced to answer I would say chocolate chip cookies.
- Do you collect anything? Several things: Books, scarves, fun socks, and toads. 🙂
- What is your favorite color? Red or Turquoise
Okay, now to the part I am so excited about…nominating these blogs below! Congrats to each one of you! I didn’t just randomly pick your blog, I did so for purposeful reasons, like the fact I enjoy your blog and want others to know about it! 🙂
- It’s a Lonely Place – You may know Justine from her other blog, but did you also know that she had this blog that chronicles her journey with chronic pain? This is a topic I am very passionate about, having dealt with it myself and watched others I love dearly deal with it. I am super passionate about helping others learn how to interact with people who have chronic pain and illness, and by checking out her blog I think that would be a great place to get a feel for what its like to wrestle with daily, or to meet another person who can relate with what you are already going through.
- Miss Beretta Illustration – If you haven’t already, meet Marielle! She is a very gifted artist who just recently did some designing for Prudy’s blog, Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs! I have really enjoyed scrolling through her past posts and seeing her amazing work!
- Cook AZ I Do – Shari’s food blog quickly caught my attention when she mentioned that she loves Mexican food and dessert! “Yes! Me too!” 🙂 She has some wonderful recipes, and I love her desire to glorify God and to encourage others! Again, I can say, “Yes! Me too!” 🙂
- Strictly Delicious– I recently came across this fellow food blogger who, in trying to live as allergy free as possible, has had to become very creative in what she cooks. Hers is definitely a site to check out!
- My Life of Spice – I love Jessi’s tagline, “Because Healthy Doesn’t Have to Be Plain!” Yes, yes, yes!
- Cooking Cove – I really like how Chad thinks of cooking as art. From what I have seen so far, he is a very creative cook!
- A Colorful Palate – I often find myself drawn to what people name their blogs, or the taglines they use. Jen’s blog is one of those for me. I love how she writes, “adding a little zest to everyday things.” Yes! I want to do that too! 🙂 She cooks gluten and dairy free…go check her site out!
- Cocina de Cella– Marcella is another fellow food blogger who is sharing her adventures of learning how to cook! Her recipes are gluten-free, and she loves Mexican food and dessert! Yum!
- Coconut Contentment -Emily is a church planters wife…I felt drawn to her since my hubby and I have done church planting in the past. She has been doing the Paleo diet due to health issues, and she enjoys creating delicious meals and sharing them on her blog.
- Your Neighbor’s Kitchen – Nicole’s recipes are delicious…both in the way they sound and the way they look! She is a new blogger who cooks gluten free, and definitely seems to be gifted!
Here are your questions to answer:
- Coffee of Tea?
- What are your favorite colors to decorate with?
- Do you have a favorite t.v. show? What is it?
- What is it about your best friend that makes him/her your best friend?
- If you could learn how to do one thing, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite season of the year, and why?
- Use three words to describe yourself.
- Cats or Dogs?
- Who has influenced you the most, and why?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax?
The Rules for those of you who want to participate:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
- Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work