The sweet Jhuls sent another award my way! Wow…and I LOVE the Sunshine Award! 🙂 Even the name of it puts a smile on my face! I am feeling the bloggy ❤ Jhuls…thank you! 🙂 I am still in much doubt that this Not So Creative Cook is really not creative! Just look at her most recent post…delcious chiffon cupcakes! Yum, yum, yum! She was very kind and decided to swap one with me for one of my cupcakes! 🙂
She asked me these questions:
1. What food/ingredient(s) you always make sure you have? Almond Flour, Honey, Kale, Avocados, Dark Chocolate Chips, Eggs, Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Fresh Cilantro, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Black Beans, Fresh Garlic.
2. What is your favorite dish to cook? A new dish! That might sound funny, but I love cooking something I haven’t yet created…something I get to be creative with and come up with myself!
3. What is you favorite breakfast food? Now that I eat low-glycemic I would have to say eggs….eggs made lots of different ways with lots of different ingredients and spices.
4. What is/are your other interest/s aside from cooking and baking? I love doing graphic art! I can animate, and love making eyes blink, cats tails move, an animal jump up and down, someone wink, etc. I just got to make name tags for the food at a baby shower…the theme being “under water” and the theme colors being blue, green, and white. I drew all the little guys myself, and got to create the backgrounds, etc. Here is a pic of them:
5. What is your favorite comfort food? Dark chocolate with orange or almond chocolate chip balls.
6. What is the first thing you’ve cooked or baked? Probably plain ole scrambled eggs. 🙂
7. What is you favorite thing from your kitchen? Okay, you can name three. My garlic press, my many cutting boards (sounds like a simple answer, I know, but I use them daily and love them…got to have my cutting boards 🙂 ), and my awesome new sturdy rubber spatulas my hubby got me (after breaking 2 of our other spatulas. ❤ ).
8. What is the latest thing you bought for your kitchen? This wonderful cupcake carrier!
9. Who inspired you to make your blog? Two friends of mine who were excited about my new cooking adventures and wanted to challenge me and push me onward. Here is a picture of me with one of them:
My dear friend, Susan, has been my biggest encouragement to cook….I spent one day with her cooking and that’s how all my cooking adventures began! She prays for me and is always encouraging me in my journey of “creating beauty in the kitchen.” So grateful for her!
10. Any advice to other new bloggers? Just enjoy the process, and remember why you are doing what you are doing. Don’t get caught up in numbers and in how many people like your posts or follow. It is so easy to start caring too much about that and forget why it is you are blogging in the first place!
Onto my favorite part….nominating fellow bloggers for this award! 🙂
- If you haven’t already, meet Pang! I recently found her blog Circa Happy …Not only is her food beautiful and delicious looking, but she is so full of excitement and energy! I am really enjoying her! Please go check out her blog!
- Have you been over to the Quiet Baker? I am just amazed at the beauty of the baked goods she makes!
- Conscientious Cookie‘s blog focuses on vegan and gluten free food. She is a self-taught baker who has a passion for allergy awareness and helping others with regard to that.
- I love all things “thoughtful,” so it seems natural that I would love the name of this blog: The Thoughtful Plate! Maci, as well, is a self-taught baker and cook. She seems really fun and well rounded- she playes guitar, like jazz, loves taking picture, and loves Jesus. Her recipes look SO good…go check them out!
- Kelly in the Kitchen…I love that she uses unprocessed, whole, natural foods whenever she can! Yes, me too! She seeks to make her food both taste great and be great for you!
- The Cheergerm & the Silly Yak– She cooks gluten-free for her husband, but still sometimes bakes normally for her kids. So, you will find a mixture of recipes on her site. I like how she describes her experimenting with gluten-free cooking, “It has been and still is at times, a tumultuous journey, filled with success and some rather spectacular failures.”
- Meet Serena at Rustic Plate. She is an Italian woman with a deep passion for flavors and cooking. And I love this little fact about her: She has 27 wooden spoons! 🙂
- The Seasoned Traveler– Her recipes are inspired by cuisine throughout the world and I love that she incorporates herbs and spices into her cooking. Take one look at her pictures and you will get hungry! 🙂
- Sneaky Veg– Mandy is a mother whose mission is to get her children to eat more fruit and vegetables. I am sure you mom’s can relate! Her recipes look delicious, and she definitely manages to sneak those veggies in! 🙂
- I want to introduce you to Jessica at Cake Pop Adventures. She is a new blogger who has a passion for cake pops! I have always wanted to try one, so I am excited to see all the different ones she will continue to create. Drop by and say hi to this new foodie blogger!
Your 10 questions to answer if you accept this award:
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- What is your favorite smell?
- Do you love what you do on a daily basis? If so, why? If not, why not?
- When you are having a bad day, who do you go to for comfort?
- What inspires you to continue to write your blog?
- What do you think are the best color combinations for decorating?
- How much water do you drink a day?
- Do you love or hate your birthdays…..why?
- Night owl or morning person?
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer