I have been excited to try out my quinoa flour that I got about a month ago. I’m not sure why I haven’t used it until now, or why I was finally determined to try it out….especially on a night where it was getting late and we really needed a quick dinner. Okay, so this was quick to prepare, but not so quick to cook. 🙂
For this recipe, I just decided to use some of my favorite ingredients, and we really enjoyed it.
Here is a picture of the quinoa flour made into dough:
We really liked the taste of it, and think it is a great alternative for casseroles!
Black Bean Casserole
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 14.5 ounce can dice tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the softened butter. Mix it until it forms clumps.
- Slowly add in the water and continue to mix until it becomes dough-like. You may not need the full cup of water, so that is why you need to do it slowly.
- Spread the dough out in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- You can leave the cilantro leaves whole or cut them into small pieces.
- Next, pour in the can of diced tomatoes. I sprinkled the tsp of cayenne over them, as well as half of my cilantro leaves.
- For the next layer, add the cream cheese, spreading it around as best you can.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, then put them in the dish, as the final layer.
- Add the rest of your cilantro leaves to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.