Happy Fiesta Friday everyone! Because I have been sick all week, I almost forgot about the party! Can you believe it?! But, thanks to the lovely Jhuls reminding me, here I am! 🙂 Thankful once again for Angie hosting us at her blog The Novice Gardener! Aren’t her creations amazing?! If you haven’t seen this recent post of hers, you have to check it out! Like I said to her, all I can say is, “Wow!!”
I am still feeling really bad (sinus stuff I think…horrible headache, etc.), so I knew I needed to bring something simple this week. That is when I thought of mousse! You know me, my first thought was something sweet! 🙂
I, of course, had never made mousse before so I wasn’t totally sure what I was going to use to make it and how much of the ingredients I would use, etc. My main question was whether I could get the consistency right since I don’t use sugar. That is always the adventure when trying to make up a low-glycemic recipe. Fun, Fun, Fun! Truly, I love it!
I ended up using only 5 simple ingredients: coconut milk, cocoa, pure orange extract, honey, and orange zest. And it took me all of 10 minutes. The taste? Great and refreshing! The consistency? Actually just right!
Very Simple, just as I had hoped. Simple, yet really yummy! And notice the adorable bowl I am serving this mousse in….found these on clearance a while back and forgot I had them until tonight! Aren’t they great!?
Orange Chocolate Mousse
- 2 Cans of refrigerated coconut milk- You will use only the thick part.
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Honey (I didn’t measure it out…my guess is it was about 3 tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp pure orange extract
- Zest from a slice of orange
- Combine the thick part of the coconut milk, cocoa, honey, and orange extract in a mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Split the mousse up into serving dishes.
- Zest a piece of orange and put it on top of the mousse.
- Add a slice of orange if you would like.