I am always looking for new creative things to make for breakfast. To be honest though, sometimes I go into the kitchen just to make something I have already tried, but then something happens and I end up with a brand new recipe. 😀 This actually happens quite often. The other day when I was beginning to cook a meal I said to my hubby, “I’m not sure what I am making yet.” And he said,”And how is that different than normal?” That made me laugh! He knows me so well! He knows I love to create new things and is a great encourager of me!
The sauce for this meal made it! The coconut milk added just the right creaminess to it! It was so good and full of so much flavor! Love, Love, Loved it!
Creamy Tomato & Egg Casserole
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- Red onion
- Fresh Basil
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the softened butter. Mix until it forms clumps. Slowly add in the 1/4 cup of water. At this point, I just started using my hands to mix it well and make it into a nice dough texture.
- In a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish, spread out the dough.
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Dice the onions, cut up the basil, and press the garlic.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil, onions, and garlic into a large skillet and saute. After a little while, add in the basil, diced tomatoes, black pepper, and coconut milk. Put on medium heat, let cook and stir occasionally.
- After the crust has finished baking, pour the creamy tomato mixture over it.
- Your eggs are the final layer. I used 4 or 5 (can’t remember). Make sure not to crack the yoke when doing this.
- Put it back in the oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes (whenever your eggs are done.)
- Add more fresh basil to the top and you are ready to eat!