Thanks to the inspiration of my bloggy friend Patty (who is both an amazing cook and an amazing photographer), I made my first ever Frittata this morning!
We love eggs around our house, so it is always fun when I find a new way to make them….thanks Patty! 😀
How did it come out? Delicious! I will definitely be making more frittatas in the future!
And guess what? The kitchen is still clean!! Woohoo! 🙂
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 6 eggs
- Chopped yellow onions
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- Olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Chile powder
- Diced tomatoes
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
(I didn’t specify the quantity on every single ingredient…I tend to use a lot of these things, but use whatever your preference would be.)
- In a large skillet (that is safe to later put in the oven), saute the garlic and onions with about a tbsp of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs together in a bowl. Add in the chili powder and a little bit of lemon juice.
- Scoop out the avocado into little pieces and mix them in with the eggs as well.
- Mix the tomatoes with the cilantro and some olive oil. Put in a safe dish to Broil in your oven.
- When the onions and garlic are ready, add them to the egg mixture, stirring.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the oven safe skillet and cook on medium high.
- Take the tomato mixture out of the oven and layer it over the eggs.
- Move the skillet to the oven and broil. You want it to fluff up and turn golden brown. Check on it every couple minutes.