I think you know by now that I ❤ muffins….I certainly ❤ baking them! I was just looking on my recipe page and since beginning my cooking adventures 4 months ago, I have already created 7 different muffin recipes. Not surprisingly, they are all sweet! 🙂
So, I am adding this savory muffin recipe to my collection! Unlike quinoa itself, quinoa flour has a strong taste, so I wasn’t sure whether I would end up liking these or not. I am happy to say though that both hubby and I really did, and so did most of our small group…they are often my taste testers! I put a bit of honey in them, which I think softened their taste a bit.
Quinoa Flour, Basil, Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Muffins
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 3 cups quinoa flour
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil (a nice handful)
- 2 cups Asiago
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate the Asiago, and chop the basil and sun dried tomatoes into tiny pieces.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one mixing bowl, and all the wet in another.
- Then mix all your ingredients together.
- Spray muffin pan (I wouldn’t recommend using papers like I did..they stuck to them too much.)
- Pour batter into the muffin pan and cook for 20- 25 minutes.