I was really honored when Joanna at Food Gurly gave me this award! It is always encouraging to receive one…it is a great affirmation to any of us bloggers and blesses us along the way. I love this particular award because of what it means….it means that you are spreading light in the blog world. That matters to me!
The actual story behind this award is that it was started by a blogger named Idiot Writer who wanted to thank a fellow blogger for helping her.
So Joanna, thanks for thinking I spread light in the blogosphere…I sure know you do! And if you didn’t give this to me, I would be giving it right back to you! 🙂 Please check out Joanna’s blog….she makes wonderful gluten free food and is such a sweet, encouraging woman!
As part of the rules for accepting this award, here is my paragraph on “How I’m Spreading Light”–
Well first off, I hope I really am spreading light on here! 🙂 Joanna seems to think so, and for that I am grateful! My hope is that through my blog and through the interactions I have with others on here that people are experiencing kindness, care, encouragement, realness, and hope. People matter to me…so going to your blog and encouraging you is just as important to me as putting up a post on my own blog. As a Christian, my desire is to show other people love, just as I have been so extravagantly loved by Jesus.
Here are the rules for the reward:
1. You must write an acceptance post, making sure you link back to the blogger who awarded you and thank them. You may not lump this award in with other awards.
2. You must individually name and nominate a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9999999 bloggers. You have to let them know either personally with a comment on their blog OR a pingback.
3. You must link back to IdiotWriter’s blog.
4. You must write a short paragraph – Entitled either “How I’m Spreading Light” OR “How I’m A Positive Influence”.
5. Display IdiotWriter’s lovely “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog.
Who I am giving this award to:
- Nancy at Feasting with Friends– Nancy has brought much “light” my way, as I don’t doubt she has yours too (if you are a follower of her blog already.) She is extremely sweet to visit her fellow foody bloggers and encourage them with the sweetest words. Honestly, what she writes in her comments to people always seems so thoughtful…she takes her time and shows her care for others! I have noticed this time and time again…not just on my own blog, but on many of yours as well! Thank you Nancy for putting a smile on my face often! And her food? Delicious!
- Jhuls at The Not So Creative Cook– I keep telling her that I love her sense of humor! And I truly mean it! Jhuls spreads lots of light with her fun whit and enthusiasm…she is always making me laugh, both on her blog posts and her comments to me. I love to laugh…thanks for bringing more laughter into my life Jhuls! And I have said this before, but the name of her blog doesn’t do her cooking justice…she IS very creative! 🙂