Its not every year that we get to celebrate Father’s Day with my dad, so it is special whenever we can!
Some things I enjoy about my dad…
- His giving heart
- The way he welcomes even strangers into his home
- His excitability
- His contagious laugh
- His sense of humor
I love you Dad!
Here is a picture that was just taken of my dad, brother, and I…
I really wanted to make my dad a rhubarb pie…his favorite! But, we couldn’t find any rhubarb that looked good, so we went with the next best thing for him…raspberries! Never having made a raspberry one before proved
interesting crazy, as usual. 🙂 (That’s for another post though. 😉 )
And look at all my little helpers! My hubby, brother, my mom, my niece, my nephew…all pitched in to make dad one of his favorite pies with help forming the crust, stirring, and extra trips to the store! This was a group effort from dad’s wifey, kids, and grandkids! 🙂
Okay, so how did everyone like it?
Well, when I asked my nephew if he thought it was good he said, “Its not just good, its great! Its the best pie I have ever had!” Followed by me asking, “Are you just saying that because I am Aunt Lori?” But he assured me it really was that great! 🙂
Honestly, as I write, my nephew and I are thinking about splitting another piece…. 😉
Here is the recipe I came up with…
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
Ingredients for Pie Filling:
- 7 containers of raspberries
- 2 cups honey
- 3 tbs tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
Directions for Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Once they are mixed well combine them together.
- Put in greased pie pan and cook 15-20 minutes. (You may need to cover the edges with foil so they do not burn.)
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
Directions for Pie Filling:
- Wash 3 containers of raspberries and set them aside.
- Wash the other 4 containers of raspberries and put them in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the honey and butter until they are melted and combined.
- Then add the tapioca flour, turning up the heat a bit, until the sauce thickens and becomes a bit jelly like.
- Take it off the burner, and let cool.
- When the crust has cooled for a while, put the raspberries in there, and then cover them with the sauce.
- Put in the refrigerator and let cool until ready to eat.