“Its Friday,” you say?! Friday?! You know what that means right?! Party time! 😀
For those of you who have yet to come to Fiesta Friday, please come join us!
So, what am I bringing to the party?
I know, I know….you are thinking, “That sure doesn’t look like something sweet.”
You are right….your eyes do not deceive you. 🙂 No, it is not sweet, but I can guarantee you that it sure is delicious!
I had never cooked shrimp before, but it is something that both my hubby and I love. The fun part was creatively coming up with a sauce that would compliment the flavor of the shrimp. And I just have to say that I absolutely loved how rich and flavorful it was! Yet another dish that proves my love for coconut milk! 🙂
Heading over to the party now, and looking forward to seeing you there!
As always, a big thanks to Angie at The Novice Gardener and the co-hosts! You are appreciated!
Sauteed Shrimp with a white wine & Garlic cream sauce
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 2/3 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- Crushed red pepper
- Half of a lemon for lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- Mince garlic
- Pour the wine, butter, and garlic into a large saucepan, letting them saute.
- Add the mustard, coconut milk, crushed red pepper, and lemon juice. Let cook on low to medium heat to let all the flavors mix with one another.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-vein the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until both sides are pink.
- Serve on a plate, along with some kale.