Growing up, I absolutely loved fruit roll-ups! Especially the “fruit by the foot” kind, because there was more to eat of course! 🙂 So, homemade fruit roll-ups with real fruit and no refined sugar?! Yes please!!
I have four people to thank for this wonderful treat that I made: The first three are Aditi and Nikhil at Confused Bawarchis & Sonal at Simply Vegetarian for opening my eyes to the fact that these actually can be made….at home….with good ingredients! 🙂
And finally, I must say thanks to Little Sprouts Kitchen for encouraging me to be brave enough to try strawberry and basil together! I did it! I did it! And I absolutely love it!
The word my hubby used to describe these roll-ups? “Excellent!” I will definitely take that! 😀 These were amazing….hard to stop eating! 🙂 And wouldn’t they make cute little treats at a shower or something? Or how about at a party? Fiesta Friday to be exact. 😀
Strawberry Lemonade and Basil Fruit Roll-Ups
- 10-12 strawberries
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 large pieces of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees (I ended up moving it up to 200 degrees for about the last hour, because mine seemed to be taking longer.)
- Wash and puree the strawberries.
- Cut one lemon in half and squeeze the fresh juice into the pureed strawberries.
- Cut another lemon in half and peel the skin off. Throw the half of the lemon in with the strawberry puree.
- Add the honey and 2 large pieces of fresh basil, and mix until everything is pureed along with the strawberries.
- Cover a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Pour the pureed fruit mixture out onto the paper as evenly as you can.
- Let bake for 6 hours.
- Take out of oven and let cool. Once cooled, you can use kitchen shears to cut them into the size and length you would like.
- Roll them up and tie to hold them closed.
- When you are ready to eat them they should easily peel off the paper.
Haven’t come to the party yet? Please join us by clicking on the icon below!