We have been on a shrimp kick lately, and boy am I loving it! So many fun and creative things to do with this most delicious treat! 🙂
This time I decided to pull from my absolute LOVE of Mexican food, but with a little twist…a “southwestern” twist. 🙂
Oh my! Oh my! These were scrumptious!! And the sauce was the extra “oomph” that put these over the top!
Southwestern Shrimp Tacos with a Chipotle Honey Lime Sauce
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 1 pound shrimp (I used jumbo)
- Tortillas of your choice (use a gluten free alternative if needed)
- 1 can black beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 limes
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning + more to cook on the shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Olive oil
- (1 tsp tapioca flour if you desire to thicken the sauce)
- Peel and de-vein all the shrimp. Set aside.
- Prepare all your veggies. Wash and chop up the cilantro. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and slice the avocado in smaller pieces.
- Begin preparing the sauce by putting the honey, almond milk, 1 tsp chipotle seasoning, and fresh squeezed lime juice in a saucepan and heat over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and put them in a large skillet on low heat.
- When all of these things are pretty much ready, you can cook the shrimp. It cooks fast, so you want it to be the final thing you do.
- Pour a bit of olive oil in a large skillet, placing the shrimp in it. Sprinkle them with your desired amount of chipotle seasoning and cook until both sides are pink.
- Heat up the tortillas and you are ready to dig in! Enjoy!