I have always loved the combination of fruit and chocolate. When I was a child and was given a box of chocolates, I would take a bite of each one and set it back if it wasn’t filled with the taste of orange or raspberry or cherry. Looking back, I am sure hoping those boxes of chocolate were mine alone or else someone got a fun surprise when they opened the box and saw that they all had a bite out of them. Reminds me of Goldilocks and the Three Bears….except it would go something like this, “Someone’s been eating my chocolates!” 😉
From the mouth of my mom when she tasted these: mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm. That does a girl’s heart good when someone moans their delight the entire time they are eating! 🙂
She said, “All’s I can say is WOW!! That was the most scrumptious breakfast I’ve ever had!”
When I asked her if she would ever guess that these are gluten free or don’t have refined sugar in them, she said, “It never would have crossed my mind.”
The final words from my mom, “I am saving the rest for lunch!” 🙂
How could I not bring something my mom loved so much to Fiesta Friday?! Of course I had to make an extra batch for you all, because mom won’t let me give away the rest of hers! 😉
Vanilla Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins with a Cherry Sauce
*Created by Lori @ Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey + 1/4 for the sauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 10 fresh red cherries + 11 for the sauce
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash and chop up the cherries.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Combine the two, mixing well.
- Add in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Use liners or grease a muffin pan.
- Pour the batter 3/4 of the way full in each slot.
- To make sauce, blend the 11 cherries with 1/4 cup honey (I ended up with extra sauce).
- Pour sauce over the top of each muffin.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
Happy Fiesta Friday Friends! Can you believe it is already Angie’s 30th?!! Wow! Speaking of the lovely Angie, I hope you know how grateful we are for you! And to your co-hosts….the party wouldn’t be the same without you!
Come join the fun…all are welcome…foodies, crafters, photographers, writers, etc……just click on the icon below.