Mom and I love mushrooms….though we don’t eat them very often because our hubby’s really, really don’t like them. So when you have a mother-daughter time, what’s a girl going to do?! Well, eat some mushrooms of course! 😉
Not just any mushrooms. Stuffed ones. Stuffed mini portobello ones. Stuffed mini portobello ones with a Mexican flare! 😀
These came out great. I don’t need to tell you that her and I ate every last one. 😉
Because this was a special mom-daughter treat, I named this recipe after my mamma! 🙂 ❤ you mom!
KPO Stuffed Mini Portobellos
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 1 container mini portobello mushrooms
- Queso Fresco
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 half mini lime
- 4-6 fresh cloves of garlic
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Olive oil
- Wash mushrooms and pull out the stems.
- Stuff them with a little bit of the Queso Fresco.
- Put a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and saute the garlic.
- Take the garlic out of the skillet and put a little into each mushroom, set any extra aside for the guacamole.
- Put a little more oil in the skillet if needed, and place the mushrooms in it, cooking on low.
- While they are cooking, mash the avocado and mix it with lots of fresh cilantro, lime juice from the lime, some of the garlic, and a little bit of honey.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- Keep an eye on the mushrooms, checking to see whether you need to turn the heat up higher.
- When they are ready, take them out of the skillet, putting some guacamole in each, along with a slice of tomato.