Cinnamon + Dark chocolate!? Love it!!
A lot of you probably haven’t seen my original recipe for these muffins, but I experimented the other day and switched it up a bit. I truly love both recipes! I do like the extra cinnamon though in this new one! 🙂
A friend of mine introduced me to grapeseed oil a while back, but I haven’t experimented with it much until recently. There has been a lot of research done suggesting that this oil has a lot of health benefits.
So, I incorporated it into this recipe, along with using agave instead of honey. I typically prefer honey over agave, but I loved the agave in this.
Both recipes are delicious and oh so moist! You choose! 😉
Cinnamon Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins with Chocolate Cinnamon Sauce- Take 2
*Created by Lori at Creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
Ingredients for Muffins:
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup agave
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp agave
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one mixing bowl, and the wet in another. Then combine them together, making sure it is well mixed.
- Put liners in 1-2 muffin trays, or you can grease them. I find liners to work best.
- Pour each muffin spot 2/3 of the way full.
- Making your sauce is simple- just add all the ingredients together and stir well.
- Pour a little sauce over each muffin.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips on top if you would like.
Have you tried using grapeseed oil?