I went into the kitchen with no idea what I was going to make my hubby for lunch. I wanted to make sure it was something yummy, something filling, and something nutritious. I really had no intention of trying something new. But alas, my creative mind got ahead of me, and before I knew it….
I had created him something he had never eaten before. Something I had never made before. Something I wasn’t even sure would taste good.
But as I have learned from this adventure, if you don’t try it you will never know. Sometimes you love the dish you created. Sometimes it is okay. Other times you end up having to throw it away. I used to live my life “not trying” different foods….I can hardly believe that now. I was really missing out.
What really surprised me was that my non-sweet potato loving hubby loved this dish. When he told me that, I was a bit shocked and asked, “Really, really?!” 😉 So, this experiment turned out just right!
Italian Chicken Sausage Salad with Honey Butter Dressing
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 avocados
- Fresh basil
- 2 Italian chicken sausages (we use Open Nature)
- Olive oil
- On a microwave safe plate, I cooked each potato for 5 minutes, poking holes in the top first.
- While they are cooking, slice up the two sausages, and wash and shop up the basil.
- In a large skillet with a little bit of olive oil, over low-medium heat, cook the pieces of sausage. Add in the basil.
- When the potatoes are finished, scoop out the insides and put them in the skillet with the meat. Pour a bit of honey in the skillet, along with a couple slices of butter. Stir well.
- While this is cooking for a couple more minutes, cut up two avocados.
- Serve on plates with the avocado mixed in.