I love sweet potatoes.I always have.
I love chocolate. I always have.
But sweet potatoes and chocolate together?!
I never, ever would have guessed that these two things taste amazing when they are combined!
When I cooked my hubby this the other day for lunch, somehow I ended up making myself this rich and delightful sweet potato that you see here.
You have to try this! And as encouragement for you to do just that, I am bringing it to the party this week. Fiesta Friday…don’t we all look forward to this day each week? Thank you sweet Angie…the creative brains behind this! And thank you Selma and Elaine for co-hosting! You both are two very lovely ladies who I enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato with Chocolate Sauce and an Almond Crumble
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Grapeseed Oil
- Honey or Agave
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1-2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- I took the quick route and cooked my sweet potato in the oven for 5 minutes. Check on it at that point and if it is not cooked enough then cook for a few more minutes.
- Make the chocolate sauce by combining cocoa, grapeseed oil, vanilla, and honey/agave. I am not putting amounts here, because it just depends on your tastebuds and how sweet you want it. Stir well. When you get the flavor you are looking for, you can microwave it for 20 seconds if you want it to be warm.
- Make the crumble topping by mixing the almond flour, some grapeseed oil, some honey/agave, and almond extract.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the warm potato and then sprinkle the crumble on top.
Come join the party: foodies, writers, photographers, artists…all are welcome!