You know I am a quinoa lover. And if you don’t, well now you do! 🙂
Yes, I have eaten it for breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert?! Not yet! 😉
This was my lunch today….so simple….so good for you….and so delicious!
Quinoa & Tomato Salad with a Lemony Avocado & Cilantro yogurt dressing
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 avocado
- Tomatoes (cherry or larger)
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Lemon (for its fresh juice & zest)
- Plain Greek Yogurt (1/2-1 cup) (Make sure it is gluten free if that’s what you need…I’ve read differing things about it.)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Measure out and rinse the quinoa.
- Put 1 cup of water into a saucepan and boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, add in the quinoa until it begins to boil again.
- Reduce to medium heat, place a lid on the saucepan, and let simmer for about 12 minutes or until it has sucked up all the water. (It took me 14 minutes).
- When this is finished, take it off of the heat, stir it, cover again, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by chopping up the fresh cilantro and combining it with the honey, yogurt, and avocado.
- Zest part of the lemon and add the zest into the dressing, stirring well.
- Chop up the tomatoes and set aside.
- When the quinoa is finished, place it in a serving dish with the desired amount of tomatoes. Take the lemon and squeeze its juice over the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, adding more fresh cilantro to the top if desired.