It was a really busy week….filled with both some very difficult things and some very wonderful things. Things which kept me out of the kitchen and away from the craft room.
But in the midst of what happened to be a very good day today, though full from 7:30 am until 9:00 pm tonight, I found an hour to bake something for Fiesta Friday! I literally had just enough time to get these muffins done before I needed to walk out the door again. This girl just couldn’t miss out on the party!
When my friend and I walked in the door tonight, I loved the smell that greeted our noses. It smelled like Fall. It smelled like cinnamon. It smelled like sweet potatoes.
I had no idea how this recipe was going to work out…as usual, I was making it up as I went along. 🙂 Let’s just say this: my sweet potato-hating-hubby really, really liked them. My friend really liked them. And I really liked them!
Will you like them too?! I sure hope so, because I am bringing plenty to the party! 🙂
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins with Dark Chocolate Chips and a Cinnamon Topping
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
Ingredients for Muffin:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook 1 Medium sized sweet potato. You can just do this in the microwave for 5-7 minutes. Take out the insides, mashing them well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muffin batter in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Then combine all of them together, mixing well.
- Line a muffin pan with papers, or grease it well.
- Pour the batter into each slot, 3/4 of the way full.
- Combine the honey, grapeseed oil, and cinnamon for the topping.
- When this is made, pour some over each muffin.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes.
Angie at The Novice Gardener has made Fridays all the more fun for all of us! Thank you for that Angie! And to your co-hosts for the week…thank you as well! You are appreciated!
Please come join the party! Click on the badge below!