Almond Joys have been my favorite candy bar for so long now that I can’t remember when that even started. But do you know what I would probably love even better? A “Walnut Joy!” 🙂 Chocolate + Coconut + Walnuts!? Yum! This very combination was the inspiration for these cookies.
I was a little hesitant…..coconut flakes in a chocolate chip cookie? Never heard of such a thing! Would it even taste anything like I imagined it would?!
Well, yes my friends, it did! I absolutely loved these! And I am hoping you….my Fiesta Friday friends….will love them too! 🙂
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts and Coconut Shavings
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- Chopped walnuts (as much or as little as you would like)
- Shredded, dry coconut (as much or as little as you would like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another. When both are mixed well, combine them together.
- Add in the walnuts and chocolate chips, making sure they are spread throughout.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Try to make each cookie the same size so that they all cook evenly.
- When putting the dough on the baking sheet, smooch it down a bit, rather than leaving a ball….it cooks better that way.
- Cook for 7-10 min depending on how you like them.
As always, a big thank you to Angie at the Novice Gardener! Fun to have Julianna at Foodie on Board and Hilda at Along the Grapevine co-hosting the party this week! Thanks ladies! And if you don’t know what this party is that probably means you should join us! 🙂 All are welcome…not just foodies! Click on the icon below.