So, WordPress tells me it is my anniversary…my 1 year anniversary on the blogosphere. Wow. A lot has happened in that time. I can’t help but giggle when I look back at my very first post ever. The small beginnings of my adventures in “Creating Beauty in the Kitchen.” 🙂
I have learned so much since then. I have really grown, not just as a cook, but as a person. This blog has been a big part of my story. And never once did I think I would have any followers, outside of close family and friends. But I am so glad that I do, because I have learned so much from you all! You have encouraged me and challenged me!
It is hard to believe that before I began this blog, I hated vegetables. And though I try not to use the word “hate” all that much anymore, in this case it is absolutely necessary. 🙂
But now eating a delicious, fresh salad can taste as wonderful to me as a piece of dessert. Seriously. That is exactly how I felt the other day at lunch when I created this plate of yumminess…
I love fresh ingredients, and nothing tops them off better than a homemade dressing!
Mexican Kale Salad with a Chile & Honey Oil and Vinegar Dressing
*Created by Lori at creatingbeautyinthekitchen.wordpress.com
For those of you doing Beachbody’s 21 day fix meal plan, it counts as the following per person: 2 greens, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1-2 orange
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Avocado
- Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded or you can just rip pieces off
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Chile Powder
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Put all the vegetable and beans together in two separate bowls or plates.
- Make the dressing using the chile powder, honey, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Play around with the amounts of each, in order to make it to your liking.