Sometimes Often, lunch can be a difficult meal for me. When you are eating low-gycemic and using fresh ingredients, there are many typical lunch ideas that don’t fit the bill. Plus, who doesn’t get tired of eating the same thing for lunch each day?
So, recently I was looking for something different, delicious, and easy to make. This is what resulted. 🙂 Loved the taste of the homemade sauce mixed with a little bit of cheese, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil!
Simple recipe; lots of taste!
Fresh Basil, Garlic, & Tomato Mini Pizzas with Homemade Sauce
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- Flour tortillas (or a gluten free equivalent)
- 2 cans tomato paste
- Red cooking wine (optional….I like the rich taste it adds)
- Crushed red pepper (if you want a kick to it)
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Combine the tomato paste, honey, garlic, and cooking wine in a bowl. (I encourage you to experiment and see how much of the different ingredients suits you and your family.)
- Layer the sauce onto the tortillas.
- Cook in oven for about 10 minutes, putting the cheese on for the last minute or two, so it can melt.
- When the cheese is melted and the tortillas have hardened, remove from oven and garnish with tomatoes and basil.