I am currently sitting at my kitchen counter on a comfortable bar stool waiting for the stove to preheat so that I can get my new recipe baking. With all the waiting, I asked myself, “Why not just write down the recipe right now…before you f-o-r-g-e-t….before it feels overwhelming.”
Here I am then, writing to you while leaned back on my stool with a foot up on the other one, and enjoying the fresh smells of lemons and strawberries.
A friend of mine is in need of some quick items for breakfast for around the house, so I am hoping her family will enjoy these healthy lemon muffins with strawberry sauce drizzled on them. Makes me think of pink lemonade. 🙂 I love pink lemonade!
Now that they are fresh out of the oven, I just had to try one. Couldn’t give my friend a whole bunch of muffins that taste bad now could I? Whew….my new recipe passed the taste test. Not my favorite of my muffin creations (you know I have made many), but very good indeed!
Lemon Muffins with a Strawberry Drizzle
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Ingredients for Muffin:
- 2 3/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 fresh lemons worth of zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2/3 cup honey
Ingredients for Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Zest your lemons
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. Then combine all of them together, mixing well.
- Line a muffin pan with papers, or grease it well.
- Pour the batter into each slot, 2/3 of the way full.
- Make the strawberry sauce by combining strawberries, water, and honey in a food processor. When it is smooth, put it into a pan and heat the sauce up on the stove top.
- Pour a spoonful of the sauce over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
And for those of you who have missed my “blooper” behind the scene posts, here is a little insight into today’s cooking experiment:
- I cut my knuckle while zesting….not once….not twice….but three times.
- I stabbed my hand really hard with a toothpick (it is still aching.)
- And I still make a mess my friends, as evidenced by the picture below. 🙂
What kind of beauty are you creating today?