This is my most favorite dessert ever! Honestly, I could eat it every day! I love a lot of different desserts…but this?! To me, this stuff is like no other! The funny thing is that it is so very simple. The pure almond extract is what tops it off! I have also tried orange zest which is great too!
I had the choice last night of either bringing a side or a dessert to our small group. My question: is there really any decision that needs to be made?! Dessert any day! 🙂
Yesterday was busy, so I didn’t have a chance to run to the store. You know what that meant…raiding my fridge and pantry and making something out of what I had on hand.
Well, it certainly helped that I had some inspiration…and that inspiration came from Dimple over at Shivaay Delights. She recently made these delicious looking chocolate snowballs (which I do hope to try at some point). Her recipe inspired me to make a ball of yumminess that was low-glycemic and that I didn’t actually have to cook! 🙂 Thanks Dimple!
WALNUT DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Serving Size: 10-12 Balls
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole walnuts, food processed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Fresh squeezed juice from 1 whole orange
- After measuring out the walnuts, put them in a food processor until they become small pieces.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze all the juice from both sides into a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil, and add it to the juice.
- Add the honey and vanilla to the juice mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, small pieces of walnuts, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, mixing well.
- Now combine all the ingredients together in the large bowl.
- Make small balls with the dough, placing them on a non stick baking pan, or you can line another dish with wax paper and use that. Just make sure the balls are not touching one another.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.