I love surprises! And the one I got this week was so amazing! One of my dearest friends who lives many states away came into town to see family (I wasn’t expecting this), and she drove to my house to spend time with me! It was so special for so many reasons…
- I love this woman
- I hadn’t seen her in over 2 years
- She is super special to me
- She drove an extra hour and a half to see me because of some health issues I have
- I got to meet her twins….last time I saw her she only had 2 kiddos
- She got to see our home for the first time and can now picture it when we talk to each other
- She is one of those rare friends you meet in a lifetime who will be a lifelong friend
Here is a picture of us yesterday…
Over the 5 years we lived near each other, this woman taught me so much about hospitality…loving on and serving people in your home. Making them feel welcome and comfortable. In fact, we used to try to have weekly movie nights together and she would always have a delicious meal cooked for us, which was all set up to enjoy as we hung out. I was always watching and learning from her…she taught me so much, whether she realizes it or not.
Last time this dear friend saw me, I hated cooking and didn’t know how to do it! 🙂 So, how fun to have her and her kiddos come to my home, and for me to show hospitality to them and cook for them!
We decided to go to the park and have a picnic lunch and as I was preparing everything my sweet friend asked if she could help. What was so encouraging to me is that I could say, “No thanks….I am actually really comfortable in the kitchen now!” 😀 Wow, I really am!
Fresh out of the oven when the 5 of them arrived, I made a new recipe I came up with…Cinnamon Roll Muffins. I call them that because the delicious sauce on top makes them taste like you are eating a cinnamon roll!
Not only did it feel so good to cook for this friend of mine for the first time, but hearing one of her son’s comments brought such a smile to my face! This little guy below said, “This is the best treat!” 😀 And keep in mind that he was eating a low-glycemic, gluten free goody with no refined sugar! Woohoo! See, eating this way can taste just as good, if not better! All smiles over here!
With all that said, Happy Fiesta Friday once again! Let the party begin! Hope you enjoy these mini cinnamon roll muffins and feel just like this little guy did, that they are “the best treat!” 😀
Always grateful to Angie at The Novice Gardener for hosting such a fun celebration and gathering all of us bloggers together! Thanks Angie!
And here’s a shout out to this week’s co-hosts! Thanks for all the work you will put into this! You make the party all the more fun!
Mini Cinnamon Roll Muffins
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, 2 tbsp cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the eggs, 1/2 cup coconut milk, vanilla, and 1/2 cup honey in a small bowl. Once well mixed, add these to the dry ingredients and mix it all up well.
- Grease two mini muffin tins, or use papers. Pour your batter in.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your topping by using 1/2 cup coconut milk (the really thick stuff…could be good to refrigerate it overnight before you use it), 1/2 cup honey, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Use an electric mixer to whisk everything together until it thickens.
- When muffins are cooked, pour the cinnamon roll topping on top of each muffin.