Can a girl ever have too many strawberries?! I think not! That’s why I am bringing more of them to Fiesta Friday this week!
This time though, they come with 2….yes I said 2…..different crusts! Two different crusts, which I might add, came out perfectly! If you saw my last two crostatas you know why I am emphasizing this point. 🙂
One chocolate & one vanilla! We all liked them both, but for most of us, the vanilla was our favorite with the strawberries.
The story behind these beauties all began with needing to bring some dessert to a Friday night gathering. For your laughter and enjoyment here is the story…
- Last Thursday I made a strawberry crostata….crust didn’t work out, cream got all over the kitchen. Guess I wasn’t bringing this to the get together.
- Friday morning- (Determined to make a crostata that worked)…I overcooked it and the crust still crumbled. Okay, still nothing to bring to the get together.
(Insert thought here: Maybe I should just go buy something at the store.) I guess not. 🙂
- Friday afternoon- Created these two pies that you see! Finally, something to bring to our get together, with not many moments to spare!
(By the way, don’t try to lick the mixer until it is unplugged. I accidentally turned it on while I went to lick it and cream flew all over my clothes and into my hair. 🙂 Don’t worry though, I still had
a few zero minutes to clean up before we left. 😉 )
*Created by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
Ingredients for Filling:
- Whole Strawberries
- 14 strawberries pureed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
(For the chocolate crust, just add 2 tbs cocoa.)
Directions for Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Once they are mixed well combine them together.
- Put in greased pie pan and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
Directions for Filling:
- Cut tops off of strawberries and place them around the pie crust.
- Puree 14 strawberries in a food processor.
- In a saucepan, heat the pureed strawberries, tapioca flour, and honey. Stir often, as you wait for the flour to make the mixture thick.
- Once it is thick, pour it over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
I brought mascarpone cream to put all over these of course! Delicious! For the recipe go HERE.
As always, thanks to Angie and the co-hosts for all their hard work to make such a fun party happen each week! I truly look forward to Fiesta Friday and have loved getting to see what people bring and meet more new people!
A special shout-out to our two new co-hosts this week….Justine at Eclectic odds n sods and Mr. Fitz at Cooking with Mr.Fitz! Justine is so much fun, and though I don’t know Mr. Fitz as well, from what I have seen of his posts, he too is a lot of fun!
Fiesta Friday here I come!