When you are eating low-glycemic and not using any refined sugars, it is not easy to find a Jam/Jelly to use. So, I did a little research and found out that it is super easy to make your own….I had no idea!! So exciting! My one challenge (as always) was figuring out how to do it without using refined sugar. But you know me, this is a challenge that I love and that I am always up for! 🙂
I did it! I made strawberry preserves, and I thought it came out great! I didn’t make it to store and use in the future, I made it to use right away. You will see what I did with it in a recipe I will be posting soon! 🙂
Homemade Strawberry Preserves
*Created by Lori @ Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
- 12-15 strawberries (About 1 pound)
- 2 cups honey
- Fresh lemon juice from a half of a lemon
- Wash strawberries and puree in a food processor until smooth.
- In a saucepan, pour the pureed strawberries, honey, and lemon juice, heating them on medium heat until it is all mixed.
- Once mixed, turn the burner up to boil, and let boil for 10 min, stirring often.
- Pour into a small container with lid. Let cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate.